Shop Target for great deals (aff)

Monday, May 9, 2016

How was your mother day?

Now that Mother's Day has come and gone. Being a mother without a mother on this day was kind of hard. I know my mom would not want me to be sad and to enjoy that I am a mom. My middle child decided that she wanted to go to grandma and grandpas which was fine because for the last 3 days before I had a extra child. Not a problem because once you get past 3 it is all just insanity. My oldest and youngest stayed home. The last few days was crazy because Saturday my sister had prom so had to go to grand March. She decided to walk with her best friend which was so great. They both looked so pretty in theirs dresses and going to prom with a friend you are not tied to one person. While sitting and waiting for it to start a couple of boys and a girl sat behind my little sister and myself. I usually don't pay attention but when I hear my maiden name comes out of anyone mouth it usually is either followed by something good or something that people mouths should not say. Well they had to open their mouth and say something that I would have loved to turn around and smack the hell out of them. I didn't because I know that a high power and karma will take care of those snots. I continued and enjoyed watching all the couple and many of them I knew and seeing them all grown up made me want to cry. While I was gone my oldest and youngest handmade special Mother's Day cards. (I love them better then store bought anyway). I got to sleep in Sunday morning which was so great as I have been running on nothing the last few weeks. The only reason I woke up because I smelled good cooking. Jeremy has made me steak, hash browns, eggs, and bacon. I couldn't eat it all I was so full. Then he told me to go outside and he got two tomatoe plants (because he froze out the ones I had been growing) and the flowers I had seen but didn't get the other day. He took his last little bit that he saves to get a sandwich or snack for work. What a sweetie. He has also been working hard on my raised garden bed and got that all done for me yesterday. My brother also came and did some work on our roof. When I was on my way to get my middle child I thought about going to my moms grave and lost it. I have learned I don't have to go to where her body is because her spirit is no longer there. I know she finds ways to let us all know that she is still around. Weather it be a song that comes on the radio at just the right time, a smell that reminds me of her or something that happens that I know would be her it give me a smile. She was a strong, wonderful, loving woman and if I can be just half of what she was it would be a blessing. With everything it was a great day. Now it is back to the grind today. We have been working on reading and math. It has been raining and so that has not been good for my health today and have noticed. I have dishes to be done and laundry but it has been more fun today to cuddle and have hugs. Hearing my kids reading and being creative. It reminds me of a Martha Washington quote basically saying house might be a mess but I have happy creative kids. That is more important. It will all get done by the end of the day like always but these are days that I will never get again with my children at this age. So even if it is icky outside you always have warmth inside. Hope you all had a great Mother's Day and even though I cried for missing my mother yesterday I know she would be happy with the loving and kind mother I have become. I want to note that now there are advertisements on my blog and if there is every one that is not appropriate please let me know. I am new to all of it and believe I have it set to see stuff that would be relevant and save you all moeny and would never want adult content to be shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment